Saturday, January 27, 2007

Instant Roundup

Middlesbrough at home at 3:00pm in the fourth round of the FA Cup! The ticket situation has been ridiculous but I should have expected that. The Johnstone's Paint Trophy is also within striking distance after a 2-0 win over Brighton on Tuesday. Not only that, the point gap has been overcome at the top of Division 3 where City are now second on goal difference.

Colts v Bears in the Superbowl next weekend. Referring back to this post, it's now definitely Peyton Manning.


Cut that meat! Cut that meat!

The Raiders have a new coach. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Lane Kiffin.

Florida beat Ohio State to win the National Championship. Here's your standard game highlight clip with obligatory rock soundtrack:



Whereas this is a really good photo essay:



There are some names on that list that will be playing on Sundays. The scary thing about Florida: Percy Harvin and Tim Tebow are still young.

Troy Smith isn't exactly wowing the pro scouts, I will endeavour to find out what Mel Kiper thinks...

'I think my hair isn't bouffant enough in this picture.'

I've started ranking pitchers for the fantasy baseball league I play in, so winter is all but over. But before it's time to check the scores of West Coast games in progress when I wake up in Britain, there are a few things left to sort out. I'll put some Superbowl thoughts together and attempt some kind of recap over the stuff I've posted so far but now it's pretty much over to the rest of the football season.

So from March 1962, here's some film of City getting stuffed 5-0 by Portsmouth at Fratton Park. The footage isn't great...but the song is. Enjoy it!


'Oh I do like to see a game of football/When Saturday afternoon comes round...'

No comments: